scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 860 Compacta
8-row, 6 t hopper, foldable, for areas with smaller and large fields
The GL 860 Compacta unites all the advantages of a trailed 8-row potato planter with a compact potato planter. Highest acreage performance combined with a fast change of fields make the machine to the most efficient potato planter in the market. The special folding system for road transport makes it possible. A comprehensive list of features makes the machine particularly attractive for agricultural contractors and individual customers in small and large structured cultivation regions. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed.
Fast movement between fields
To make a quick change from field to field possible, the machine can be folded to a width of 3.35 m.
Ridge shaping on light soils
For an improved water absorption on light soils, cage rollers can be used in combination with spring-loaded ridging bodies.
Combined plant protection
GRIMME tank system TS 820, authorized for liquid chemicals to be applied onto the seed potatoes and/or into the furrow.
Protecting the soil
Large contact area with four wheels 12.4 - 24 AS.
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact planting distance
- The combination of specially developed furrow opener, planting cups, the longest singling way, an adjustable drop rod and a low drop height enable an even planting distance in the required planting depth.
- For a road transport and a fast change from field to field the machine is foldable to a width of 3.35 m.
- Various options to customize the machine to the specific farm conditions.
- Comfortable adjustment of the potato planter via the operator terminal
- Less seed potatoes required with the automatic single row deactivation of the planting elements with Section Control and hydraulic single row drive
- Clever Planting realizes better, even tuber growth as the planting distance is smaller next to the spraying tracks, compensating the higher amount of nutrients and light from the spraying tracks.
- Basic machine with four large wheels enables a high loading capacity with good traction also on light soil
- Well positioned wheels and the optionally steering axle ensure good manoeuvrability of the machine
- Various hopper options: Tipping hopper flat (6000 kg) or tipping hopper low (6000 kg)
- Different options for the ridge shaping, shaping board for a loose to firm ridge with a smooth surface or cage rollers for a more fine crumbled ridge structure
- The GRIMME nozzle system ensures complete dressing of the tuber, and the GRIMME tank system enables a safe handling as well as a proper crop protection
- Option to applicate micro granular directly into the furrow for an optimum growing start or for seed protection
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Hydraulic single row driven planting elements
- Hydraulically operated lane marker incl. sequence switch for
- Optimum feeding of all planting elements with sensor operated feed conveyor
- Quick unlock to change planting belts
- Platform with ladder for a better accessibility during maintenance and easier adjustments
- Planting belt with cups of choice
- Trailed furrow opener in the parallelogram, depth control via 1 feeler wheel for 2 furrow openers
- Individually spring loaded and ball bearing mounted, large, serrated covering discs, with a diameter of 510 mm.
- Row width 75 cm
- Lift up drawbar
- Telescoping drawbar to fold-in the machine
- Chassis with pivot axle and 4 wheels
- Wheels 12.4 - 24 AS
- Hopper capacity 6000 kg
- Air brakes or hydraulic brakes
- VC 50 operator terminal with hydraulic unit incl.:
- electrical shaker with speed adjustment
- Hectare meter
- electric power switch-off if pushing the key "field end"
GL 860 Compacta
|Length without shaping board in working / transport position||5460 / 6600 mm|
|Length with shaping board in working / transport position||6485 / 7385 mm|
|Length with cage roller in working / transport position||6270 / 7410 mm|
|Length with spraying track lever in working / transport position||6620 / 7760 mm|
|Width at row width 75 cm in working / transport position||6200 / 3350 mm|
|Width from row width 76.2 cm in working / transport position||6640 / 3650 mm|
|Width from row width 85 cm in working / transport position||7350 / 4000 mm|
|Height in working / transport position||2385 / 3660 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||1855 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||2070 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||540 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||810 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||640 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||5150 kg|
|Empty weight with cage roller||6850 kg|
|Number of rows||8|
|Row width||75 - 91,4 cm|
|Drawbar eye / low hitch||x|
|Low hitch ball bearing (K 80)||x|
|Engine power (min.)||108 kW|
|Oil flow||50 l/min|
|Required control valves (single acting)||1|
|Non-pressurized return flow||1|