scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 860
8-row, up to 10 ton hopper, for larger acreage's.
The 8-row trailed potato planter GRIMME GL 860 for a high acreage performance. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed. The machine design with large covering discs in front of running wheels enables easy pulling of the machine, pre-shapes the ridge and avoids soil compaction of loose soil by the running wheels. The weight of the machine is carried on up to 8 wheels (option) to reduce the ground compaction.
Barrel system for liquid tuber dressing and furrow treatment as well as a fertilizer spreader for under-root fertilisation.
Ridge shaping on light soils
For an improved water absorption on light soils, cage rollers can be used in combination with spring-loaded ridging bodies.
Minimising soil pressure
To distribute the weight of the potato planter with full hopper to as many wheels as possible, the machine can be equipped with a chassis of 8 wheels.
Direct bunker filling from the trailer
With the deep hopper it is possible to fill the machine directly from the trailer.
High degree of agility and manoeuvrability
Long drawbar allows close turning manoeuvres.
An end-tow kit is available for a safe transport on the road.
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact spacing.
- 4 large wheels enable a high loading capacity with good traction also on light soil.
- Well positioned wheels and the optionally steering axle support good manoeuvrability of the machine on headlands.
- Adjustment of tuber spacing and fertiliser output, simply done at the side of the machine.
- The deep lowering (option) of the tipping hopper enables direct filling from the trailer.
- Uniform growing through constant soil covering of the tubers via hydraulic depth control of the furrow opener and automatic shaping board steering.
- There are several versions for ridge shaping available for a perfect adaptation to different soil conditions.
- The approved GRIMME tank system ensures even application of the tuber with liquid chemicals and offers the driver many comfort functions.
- Efficient and resource-saving use of fertiliser through application directly when planting with the GRIMME fertiliser box.
- Simultaneous application of liquid chemicals and granulates for an optimal start of the vegetation.
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 8 planting elements
- Hydraulically operated lane marker
- Mechanical shaker, infinitely adjustable
- Quick unlock to change planting belts
- Planting belt with cups of choice
- Fix stone furrow opener, spring loaded share via rubber buffers
- Spring loaded covering discs
- Row width 75 cm
- Lift up drawbar
- Chassis with pivot axle and 4 wheels
- Wheels 12.5/80 - 18 AS
- Tipping hopper flat capacity 6000 kg (at RW 75 cm)
|Length without shaping board without / with front frame||4980 / 5720 mm|
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||6020 / 6760 mm|
|Length with cage roller without / with front frame||5990 / 6730 mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||6660 / 7400 mm|
|Width at row width 75 cm||6200 mm|
|Width at row width 90 cm||7500 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||900 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||1980 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||1040 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||1010 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1440 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||4200 kg|
|Number of rows||8|
|Row width||75 - 91,4 cm|
|Drawbar eye / low hitch||x|
|Low hitch ball bearing (K 80)||x|
|Capacity tipping hopper, flat||6000 kg|
|Capacity tipping hopper, low||6000 kg|
|Without shaping board (min.)||80 kW|
|With shaping board (min.)||125 kW|
|Oil flow||34 l/min|
|Required control valves (single acting)||2|
|Required control valves (double acting)||1|