scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 660
6-row, up to 8 t hopper, versatile and high capacity
The GL 660 is a 6-row cup planter which can be used to cover large areas. Beside the traditional planting it is also possible to plant into separated beds with the GL 660. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed. The machine design with large covering discs in front of running wheels enables easy pulling of the machine, pre-shapes the ridge and avoids soil compaction of loose soil by the running wheels. Using a combination of under-root fertilisation, ridge shaping , as well as the application of liquid seed dressing and furrow treatment agent, the efficiency can be significantly increased.
For cultivation of potatoes in beds.
Well formed ridges
Shaping board for building ridges with specific characteristics from loose to firm soil with a smooth surface
Direct bunker filling from the trailer
With the deep hopper it is possible to fill the machine directly from the trailer.
An end-tow kit is available for a safe transport on the road.
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact spacing.
- Fewer seed potatoes are required with the automatic single row switch-off of the planting elements with Section Control.
- Tuber spacing adjustment from the drivers' cab via the hydraulic single row drive.
- Even tuber and plant growth next to the tramlines with Clever Planting. The smaller planting distance in the rows next to the spraying tracks does compensate the higher amount of nutrients and light from the spraying tracks.
- 4 large wheels enable a high loading capacity with good traction also on light soil.
- Well positioned wheels and the optionally steering axle support good manoeuvrability of the machine on headlands.
- The GL 660 available for traditional planting in ridges and also planting into separated beds.
- Adjustment of tuber spacing and fertiliser output, simply done at the side of the machine.
- The deep lowering (option) of the tipping hopper enables direct filling from the trailer.
- Uniform growing through constant soil covering of the tubers via hydraulic depth control of the furrow opener and automatic shaping board steering.
- There are several versions for ridge shaping available for a perfect adaptation to different soil conditions.
- The approved GRIMME tank system ensures even application of the tuber with liquid chemicals and offers the driver many comfort functions.
- Efficient and resource-saving use of fertiliser through application directly when planting with the GRIMME fertiliser box.
- Simultaneous application of liquid chemicals and granulates for an optimal start of the vegetation.
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 6 planting elements
- Hydraulically operated lane marker
- Mechanical shaker, infinitely adjustable
- Quick unlock to change planting belts
- Planting belt with cups of choice
- Fix stone furrow opener, spring loaded share via rubber buffers
- Spring loaded covering discs
- Row width 75 cm
- Lift up drawbar
- Long drawbar
- Chassis with pivot axle and 4 wheels
- Wheels 12.5/80 - 18 AS
- Tipping hopper flat capacity 5000 kg (at RW 75 cm, small hopper)
|Length without shaping board without / with front frame||4980 / 5720 mm|
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||6260 / 7000 mm|
|Length with cage roller without / with front frame||5990 / 6730 mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||6660 / 7400 mm|
|Width at row width 75 cm||4800 mm|
|Width at row width 90 cm||6200 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||900 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||1980 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||1040 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||1010 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1440 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||3800 kg|
|Number of rows||6|
|Row width||75 - 91,4 cm|
|Drawbar eye / low hitch||x|
|Low hitch ball bearing (K 80)||x|
|Capacity tipping hopper, flat||5000 kg|
|Capacity tipping hopper, low||6000 kg|
|Without shaping board (min.)||75 kW|
|With shaping board (min.)||110 kW|
|Oil flow||34 l/min|
|Required control valves (single acting)||2|
|Required control valves (double acting)||1|