scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 430
4-row, 3 t hopper, combinations of soil cultivation and planting
The modular design of the 4-row trailed GRIMME GL 430 potato planter combines various equipment options. The basic machine design concentrates on the main functions for a good planting. But various options for up to 5-in-1 combination incl. active soil cultivation, fertilising, crop protection, planting and ridge shaping are available. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed. The interchangeable frame for the soil cultivators enables an optimum adaption to the respective soil conditions.
Optimum supply of fertilisers
Fertiliser box for under-root fertilisation, with a cover to be used as a filling chute.
Special drawbar with integrated cultivator and carrying roller between the tractor tracks.
For bed planting
Chassis with steering axle (+/- 35°) and two lateral wheels for planting in beds.
Good ground clearance
High ground clearance at the headland via hydraulic machine lifting.
Protection against erosion when using the dyking system called TerraProtect
TerraProtect creates small transverse ridges, so-called dykes, between the potato ridges. The dykes reduce the risk of erosion and at the same time promote water absorption.
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact planting distance
- The combination of specially developed furrow opener, planting cups, the longest singling way, an adjustable drop rod and a low drop height enable an even planting distance in the required planting depth.
- Less seed potatoes required with the automatic single row deactivation of the planting elements with Section Control and hydraulic single row drive
- Clever Planting realizes better, even tuber growth as the planting distance is smaller next to the spraying tracks, compensating the higher amount of nutrients and light from the spraying tracks.
- Adjustment of tuber spacing, planting depth and fertiliser output, simply done at the side of the machine
- Most gentle handling of chitted seed and high output a the same time with the moving hopper
- A combination with an actively driven tilling cultivator is possible for an optimum soil preparation.
- Uniform growing through constant soil covering of the tubers via hydraulic depth control of the furrow opener and automatic shaping board steering
- Different options for the ridge shaping, shaping board for a loose to firm ridge with a smooth surface or cage rollers for a more fine crumbled ridge structure
- The defined interaction of a loosening tine and the dyker, both working between the ridges, TerraProtect ensures a better water absorption into the ridges and thus provides maximum protection against soil erosion.
- The GRIMME nozzle system ensures complete dressing of the tuber, and the GRIMME tank system enables a safe handling as well as a proper crop protection
- Granulated fertilising left and right of the tuber with the GRIMME fertiliser box
- Option to applicate micro granular directly into the furrow for an optimum growing start or for seed protection
- Long drawbar allows close turning manoeuvres
- Well positioned wheels and the optionally steering axle(+/- 8° steering angle) ensure good guiding on slopes and manoeuvrability of the machine
- High ground clearance at the headland via hydraulic machine lifting
- Large wheels ensure best driving features, different tyres are available
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 4 planting elements
- Manually operated lane marker
- Stainless steel bottom in cup hopper
- Red cup belts
- Quick unlock of planting elements
- Infinitely adjustable mechanical shaker
- Furrow opener in the parallelogram, pushed with 4 feeler wheels DM 400 mm
- Spring loaded covering discs DM 460 mm
- Row width 75 cm
- Lift up drawbar
- Chassis with 2 pivot axles and 4 running wheels
- 9.5 - 24 AS wheels
- Tipping hopper capacity 3000 kg
|Length without shaping board without / with front frame||5250 / 6000 mm|
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||5600 / 6350 mm|
|Length with cage roller without / with front frame||5600 / 6350 mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||6250 / 7000 mm|
|Width at 75 cm row width without / with front frame||3305 / - mm|
|Width at 90 cm row width with / without front frame||3905 / - mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||800 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||1750 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||530 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||530 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1200 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||3200 kg|
|Number of rows||4|
|Row width||75 - 91,4 cm|
|Drawbar eye / low hitch||x|
|Low hitch ball bearing (K 80)||x|
|Capacity tipping hopper, flat||3000 kg|
|Without shaping board (min.)||70 kW|
|With shaping board (min.)||95 kW|