scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 430
4-row, 3 t hopper, combinations of soil cultivation and planting
The modular design of the 4-row trailed GRIMME GL 430 potato planter combines various equipment options. The basic machine design concentrates on the main functions for a good planting. But various options for up to 5-in-1 combination incl. active soil cultivation, fertilising, crop protection, planting and ridge shaping are available. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed. The interchangeable frame for the soil cultivators enables an optimum adaption to the respective soil conditions.
Optimum supply of fertilisers
Fertiliser box for under-root fertilisation, with a cover to be used as a filling chute.
Special drawbar with integrated cultivator and carrying roller between the tractor tracks.
For bed planting
Chassis with steering axle (+/- 35°) and two lateral wheels for planting in beds.
Protection against erosion when using the dyking system called TerraProtect
TerraProtect creates small transverse ridges, so-called dykes, between the potato ridges. The dykes reduce the risk of erosion and at the same time promote water absorption.
Video: TerraProtect Pro
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact planting distance
- The combination of specially developed furrow opener, planting cups, the longest singling way, an adjustable drop rod and a low drop height enable an even planting distance in the required planting depth.
- Less seed potatoes required with the automatic single row deactivation of the planting elements with Section Control and hydraulic single row drive
- Clever Planting realizes better, even tuber growth as the planting distance is smaller next to the spraying tracks, compensating the higher amount of nutrients and light from the spraying tracks.
- Adjustment of tuber spacing, planting depth and fertiliser output, simply done at the side of the machine
- Most gentle handling of chitted seed and high output a the same time with the moving hopper
- A combination with an actively driven tilling cultivator is possible for an optimum soil preparation.
- Uniform growing through constant soil covering of the tubers via hydraulic depth control of the furrow opener and automatic shaping board steering
- Different options for the ridge shaping, shaping board for a loose to firm ridge with a smooth surface or cage rollers for a more fine crumbled ridge structure
- The defined interaction of a loosening tine and the dyker, both working between the ridges, TerraProtect ensures a better water absorption into the ridges and thus provides maximum protection against soil erosion.
- The GRIMME nozzle system ensures complete dressing of the tuber, and the GRIMME tank system enables a safe handling as well as a proper crop protection
- Granulated fertilising left and right of the tuber with the GRIMME fertiliser box
- Option to applicate micro granular directly into the furrow for an optimum growing start or for seed protection
- Long drawbar allows close turning manoeuvres
- Well positioned wheels and the optionally steering axle(+/- 8° steering angle) ensure good guiding on slopes and manoeuvrability of the machine
- High ground clearance at the headland via hydraulic machine lifting
- Large wheels ensure best driving features, different tyres are available
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 4 planting elements
- Manually operated lane marker
- Stainless steel bottom in cup hopper
- Planting belt with cups of choice
- Quick unlock of planting elements
- Infinitely adjustable mechanical shaker
- Furrow opener in the parallelogram, pushed with 4 feeler wheels DM 400 mm
- Spring loaded covering discs DM 460 mm
- Row width 75 cm
- Lift up drawbar
- Chassis with 2 pivot axles and 4 running wheels
- 9.5 - 24 AS wheels
- Tipping hopper capacity 3000 kg
|Length without shaping board without / with front frame||5250 / 6000 mm|
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||5600 / 6350 mm|
|Length with cage roller without / with front frame||5600 / 6350 mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||6250 / 7000 mm|
|Width at row width 75 cm||3305 mm|
|Width at row width 90 cm||3905 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||800 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||1750 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||530 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||530 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1200 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||3200 kg|
|Number of rows||4|
|Row width||75 - 91,4 cm|
|Drawbar eye / low hitch||x|
|Low hitch ball bearing (K 80)||x|
|Capacity tipping hopper, flat||3000 kg|
|Without shaping board (min.)||70 kW|
|With shaping board (min.)||95 kW|