scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 430
4-row, 3 t hopper, combinations of soil cultivation and planting
The modular design of the 4-row trailed GRIMME GL 430 potato planter combines various equipment options. The basic machine design concentrates on the main functions for a good planting. But there is a huge range of equipment and various options for the combination of several working steps. Integrating features such as active soil cultivation, fertiliser application, application of granulates, in-furrow treatment and liquid tuber dressing, placement of the tuber, ridge building and erosion control, everything can be achieved. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed. The interchangeable frame for the soil cultivators enables an optimum adaption to the respective soil conditions. The machine can be optionally equipped with solutions for the implementation of Clever Planting, Section Control and site-specific farming using application maps.
Optimum supply of fertilisers
Fertiliser box for under-root fertilisation, with a cover to be used as a filling chute.
Special drawbar with integrated cultivator and carrying roller between the tractor tracks.
For bed planting
Chassis with steering axle (+/- 35°) and two lateral wheels for planting in beds.
Potato cultivation with improved protection against erosion
TerraProtect creates small transverse ridges, so-called dykes, between the potato ridges. The dykes reduce the risk of erosion and at the same time promote water absorption.
Video: TerraProtect PRO
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact planting distance.
- The combination of specially developed furrow opener, planting cups, the longest singling way, an adjustable drop rod and a low drop height enable an even planting distance in the required planting depth.
- Less seed potatoes required with the automatic single row deactivation of the planting elements with Section Control.
- Variable Rate Control (VRC): By use of electronic application maps the machine is able to realise precise, variable tuber spacing for each single row.
- Clever Planting: Increased share of marketable crop due to a improved, homogeneous growth and tuber size in the rows next to the spraying tracks. This is achieved by an infinitely adjustable, reduced tuber spacing and the resulting change in competition for light and nutrients along the spraying tracks.
- Quick and easy adjustment of the planting distances and fertiliser quantity. This can be done mechanically on the side of the machine or optionally from the drivers cab.
- Most gentle handling of chitted seed and high output a the same time with the moving hopper
- A combination with an actively driven tilling cultivator is possible for an optimum soil preparation.
- Uniform growing through constant soil covering of the tubers via hydraulic depth control of the furrow opener and automatic shaping board steering. The planting depth can easily be controlled and adjusted from the cab.
- A shaping board can be used for building ridges with specific characteristics from loose to firm soil with a smooth surface. There are several versions for ridge shaping bodies available for a perfect adaptation to different soil conditions, ridge shapes and ridge volumes.
- For an improved water absorption on light soils, cage rollers can be used in combination with spring-loaded ridging bodies. The cage rollers provide a light, airy ridge with an open-pored surface.
- Protection against erosion: The partnership of a loosening tine and the dyker, both working between the ridges, TerraProtect ensures a more efficient water absorption in the ridges and also provides maximum protection against soil erosion.
- The GRIMME nozzle system ensures complete dressing of the tuber, and the GRIMME tank system enables a safe handling as well as a proper crop protection
- Granulated fertilising left and right of the tuber with the GRIMME fertiliser box
- Option to applicate micro granular directly into the furrow for an optimum growing start or for seed protection
- Well positioned wheels and the optionally steering axle(+/- 8° steering angle) ensure good guiding on slopes and manoeuvrability of the machine
- Large wheels ensure best driving features, different tyres are available
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 4 planting elements
- Manually operated lane marker
- Stainless steel bottom in cup hopper
- Planting belt with cups of choice
- Quick unlock of planting elements
- Infinitely adjustable mechanical shaker
- Furrow opener in the parallelogram, pushed with 4 feeler wheels DM 400 mm
- Spring loaded covering discs DM 460 mm
- Row width 75 cm
- Lift up drawbar
- Chassis with 2 pivot axles and 4 running wheels
- 9.5 - 24 AS wheels
- Tipping hopper capacity 3000 kg
|Length without shaping board without / with front frame||5250 / 6000 mm|
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||5600 / 6350 mm|
|Length with cage roller without / with front frame||5600 / 6350 mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||6250 / 7000 mm|
|Width at row width 75 cm||3295 mm|
|Width at row width 90 cm||3905 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||800 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||1750 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||530 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||530 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1200 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||3200 kg|
|Row width||75 - 91,4 cm|
|Number of rows||4|
|Drawbar eye / low hitch||x|
|Low hitch ball bearing (K 80)||x|
|Capacity tipping hopper, flat||3000 kg|
|Without shaping board (min.)||70 kW|
|With shaping board (min.)||95 kW|