scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 420 Exacta
4-row, up to 2 t hopper, in combination with soil cultivation
The GL 420 Exacta is a short, combined and carried potato planter without wheels. The unique design of the machine of our potato planter Type "GL 420 Exacta" results in the smallest distance between tuber discharge and following ridge form plates, which is available on the market for potato planters with conventional arrangement of the planting elements. The small distance ensures that even on slopes the tubers do always lie perfectly in the middle of the ridge. Due to the mechanical coupling between the furrow opener and the ridge forming plate an "exact" planting depth is ensured. For the operation with a tractor (from 110 kW / 150 HP) with wide wheels either a rotary harrow or full width tiller is available. The compact design of the machine without running wheels, avoids soil compaction behind the cultivator. The distinctive construction is advantageous in small, odd shaped fields and on slopes.
Combining work steps
Soil cultivation, planting and ridge shaping in a single pass.
Always centre deposit of the seed in the ridges
The potato planter with shortest distance between tuber discharge and following ridge form plates, which is available on the market - with well proven, conventional arrangement of the planting elements.
Short and compact
Compact design for high manoeuvrability.
Even filling of the planting elements via feeding belts.
Carrying roller to even the ground between the tractor wheels.
Simple connection between the tank system in the tractors front and the potato planter at the tractors rear side, using interfaces which are provided for this purpose.
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact planting distance
- Planting element arrangement in the proven design.
- The combination of specially developed furrow opener, planting cups, the longest singling way, an adjustable drop rod and a low drop height enable an even planting distance in the required planting depth.
- Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed.
- Very short combi potato planter in conjunction with GRIMME Rotary Tiller GR 300 or rotary harrow, type LEMKEN Zirkon 12, for soil cultivation
- The compact design of the machine without running wheels, avoids soil compaction behind the cultivator
- The furrow openers are directly connected with the shaping board and achieve an even planting depth ensuring good growth
- Optimum singling of the tubers via automatic filling of the planting element with a sensor operated feed conveyor
- Less seed potatoes required with the automatic single row deactivation of the planting elements with Section Control and hydraulic single row drive
- Clever Planting realizes better, even tuber growth as the planting distance is smaller next to the spraying tracks, compensating the higher amount of nutrients and light from the spraying tracks.
- The GRIMME nozzle system ensures complete dressing of the tuber, and the GRIMME tank system enables a safe handling as well as a proper crop protection
- Option to applicate micro granular directly into the furrow for an optimum growing start or for seed protection
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 4 planting elements
- Hydraulic planting element drive, using one hydraulic motor for four rows
- Planting belt with cups of choice
- Quick unlock of planting elements
- Stainless steel bottom in cup hopper
- Trailed furrow opener connected to the shaping board in a parallelogram
- Fixed hopper (1600 kg) with feeding elevators to the planting elements
- Manual operated lane marker with disc
- Hydraulic shaping board pressure adjustment, controlled via operator terminal
- VC 50 operator terminal and hydraulic unit incl.:
- Miss indicator
- Electrical high frequency shaker, switch on/off and speed setting
- Power switch-off at row ends
- Hectare meter
- Power connection via ISOBUS plug
GL 420 Exacta
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||2950 / - mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||3375 / - mm|
|Width at 75 cm row width without / with front frame||3290 / - mm|
|Filling height fixed hopper||2000 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with shaping board||1250 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1675 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration with GRIMME GR 300||4100 kg|
|Empty weight with basic configuration with Lemken Zirkon 12||3600 kg|
|Number of rows||4|
|Row width||75 cm|
|Lower linkage category||3 Cat.|
|Input speed p.t.o.-shaft||1000 rpm|
|Fixed hopper capacity||1600 kg|
|Engine power (min.)||110 kW|
|Oil flow||20 l/min|
|Required control valves (single acting)||1|