scroll and find out more...
Planting technology - Cup planter | GL 420
4-row, up to 2 t hopper, mounted, for a versatile application range
The GL 420 is a mounted, 4-row potato planter with a unique variety of options for almost every grower. The GRIMME professional planting element is the right choice for a very precise and even planting distance. Different setting options of the machine together with good calibrated seed enable a high planting speed. The machine design with large covering discs in front of running wheels enables easy pulling of the machine, pre-shapes the ridge and avoids soil compaction of loose soil by the running wheels. In addition following options are available: soil cultivation, shaping board as well as single row drive for Clever Planting and Section Control.
Protection against erosion by use of TerraProtect
TerraProtect creates small transverse ridges, so-called dykes, between the potato ridges. The dykes reduce the risk of erosion and at the same time promote water absorption.
Ridge shaping on light soils
For an improved water absorption on light soils, cage rollers can be used in combination with spring-loaded ridging bodies.
The ideal combination
Convenient especially for short headlands and smaller acreage. A compact tractor implement combination of potato planter GL 420 and rotary tiller GR 300 is available for these requirements.
Combining work steps
The potato planter GL 420 can be equipped with the LEMKEN Zirkon 12 rotary cultivator for soil cultivation and planting in a single operation step.
Combined plant protection
GRIMME tank system TS 820, authorized for liquid chemicals to be applied onto the seed potatoes and/or into the furrow.
Ideally suited for chitted seed
For all who want to benefit from the winning margin offered by pregermination, GRIMME offers a long moving floor bunker. The long floor offers you more time to gently pour following tubers onto the supply belts.
Video: The cup planter GL 420 at work
- The powerful planting element enables a simple adaption to the tuber size and ensures therefore an exact planting distance
- The combination of specially developed furrow opener, planting cups, the longest singling way, an adjustable drop rod and a low drop height enable an even planting distance in the required planting depth.
- Less seed potatoes required with the automatic single row deactivation of the planting elements with Section Control and hydraulic single row drive
- Clever Planting realizes better, even tuber growth as the planting distance is smaller next to the spraying tracks, compensating the higher amount of nutrients and light from the spraying tracks.
- Operation via ISOBUS from the tractor terminal
- Four wheels, following the covering discs, ensure a good weight distribution, stability and good traction.
- A combination with a cultivator is possible for an optimum soil preparation.
- Various hopper options: Tipping hopper flat (2000 kg), fixed hopper (1200 kg) or tipping hopper low (1700 kg)
- Uniform growing through constant soil covering of the tubers via hydraulic depth control of the furrow opener and automatic shaping board steering
- Different options for the ridge shaping, shaping board for a loose to firm ridge with a smooth surface or cage rollers for a more fine crumbled ridge structure
- The defined interaction of a loosening tine and the dyker, both working between the ridges, TerraProtect ensures a better water absorption into the ridges and thus provides maximum protection against soil erosion.
- The GRIMME nozzle system ensures complete dressing of the tuber, and the GRIMME tank system enables a safe handling as well as a proper crop protection
- Option to applicate micro granular directly into the furrow for an optimum growing start or for seed protection
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Potato planter with 4 planting elements
- Manually operated lane marker
- Stainless steel bottom in cup hopper
- Red cup belts
- Quick unlock of planting elements
- Infinitely adjustable mechanical shaker
- Furrow opener in the parallelogram, pushed with 4 feeler wheels DM 400 mm
- Individually spring loaded and ball bearing mounted, large, serrated covering discs, with a diameter of 510 mm.
- Chassis with 4 running wheels
- Wheels 7.50-16 AS
- Tipping hopper capacity 2000 kg
|Length without shaping board without / with front frame||2580 / - mm|
|Length with shaping board without / with front frame||3000 / - mm|
|Length with speed hood plate without / with front frame||3240 / - mm|
|Length with cage roller without / with front frame||3300 / - mm|
|Length with spraying track lever without / with front frame||3650 / - mm|
|Width at 75 cm row width without / with front frame||3250 / - mm|
|Width at 90 cm row width with / without front frame||3850 / - mm|
|Filling height fixed hopper||1840 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper low||790 mm|
|Filling height tipping hopper flat||1515 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with speed hood plate||660 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with cage roller||730 mm|
|Overlapping length at the rear with spraying track lever||1080 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||1450 kg|
|Empty weight with shaping board||2300 kg|
|Number of rows||4|
|Row width||75 - 90 cm|
|Lower linkage category||2 / 3 Cat.|
|Fixed hopper capacity||1200 kg|
|Without shaping board (min.)||60 kW|
|With shaping board (min.)||90 kW|
|Oil flow||20 l/min|
|Required control valves (single acting)||2|