scroll and find out more...
Harvest preparation - Haulm topper | KS 75-2
2-row, for row widths from 75 to 90 cm
In order to promote uniform ripening of the tubers, haulm reduction can be carried out two to three weeks before harvesting. In addition to preventing the transmission of viral infections from the haulm into the tuber, a good skin set on the tubers can be achieved to improve storability. Instead of or as a supplement to chemical siccation, GRIMME offers a sustainable solution of haulm topping. By using a haulm topper, the haulm of the potatoes is mechanically crushed and deposited between the ridges. Careful placement of the haulm between the ridges is important. Epecially if the stems of the potato plants are to be treated with other herbicides afterwards. A further advantage is the reduced risk of blockage at the intake of the harvester and the resulting increased throughput capacity in case of extreme masses of haulm.
Uniform power transmission
The 4-fold V-belt drive ensures an even transmission of the required torque.
Single drive with free wheel
The freewheel in the drive train reduces the load on the PTO shaft and the drive shafts when disengaging at the headlands.
Cleaning made easy
Two large cleaning flaps allow an easy cleaning of the inside.
The support wheels are equipped with a spindle for stepless height adjustment. n addition, pendular support wheels can be selected, which allow steering movements.
- Drive designed for high haulm amounts or high driving speed
- Large diameter flail shaft ensure a good suction and flailing quality on and between the rows
- Easy conversion between front and rear mounting without extra parts
- For an optimum result diverse flail settings are available for various conditions.
- Deflector plates ensure exact haulm discharge between the rows
- Optimum depth control via infinitely adjustable support wheels and via tractor lifting
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- 3-point linkage for front or rear mounting
- Heavy duty V-belt drive (4 times)
- Heavy duty gearbox to give up to 1300 rpm rotor speed at 540, 750 or 1000 rpm PTO shaft drive.
- Number of flails: 46 pieces
- Haulm discharge between the rows or to wheelings
- Single driven flail shaft with free wheel
- 2 support wheels fixed or swivel (option)
|Empty weight with basic configuration||700 kg|
|Row width||75 / 90 cm|
|Number of rows||2|
|Lower linkage category||2 Cat.|
|Input speed p.t.o.-shaft||540 / 750 / 1000 rpm|
|Flails / scalper unit|
|Number of flails||46|
|Number of support wheels||2|
|Support wheels||175 R14|
|Support wheels track width adjustable up to||2000 mm|
|Engine power (min.)||35 kW|