scroll and find out more...
Harvest preparation - Haulm topper | KS 5400
6-row, for standard row width of 90 cm or 75 cm resp. 80 cm in bed cultivation
In order to promote uniform ripening of the tubers, haulm reduction can be carried out two to three weeks before harvesting. In addition to preventing the transmission of viral infections from the haulm into the tuber, a good skin set on the tubers can be achieved to improve storability. Instead of or as a supplement to chemical siccation, GRIMME offers a sustainable solution of haulm topping. By using a haulm topper, the haulm of the potatoes is mechanically crushed and deposited between the ridges. Careful placement of the haulm between the ridges is important. Epecially if the stems of the potato plants are to be treated with other herbicides afterwards. A further advantage is the reduced risk of blockage at the intake of the harvester and the resulting increased throughput capacity in case of extreme masses of haulm.
Uniform power transmission
The 5-fold V-belt drive ensures an even transmission of the required torque.
Cleaning made easy
Four large cleaning flaps allow easy cleaning of the inside.
Ideal force distribution to the flail shaft
The double sided drive of the strong gearbox ensures smooth running and relief of the material.
Mechanical height adjustable
The support wheels are equipped with a spindle for stepless height adjustment.
Hydraulically height adjustable
The two outer support wheels are equipped with an hydraulic cylinder for stepless height adjustment.
End tow kit
For safe transport width less than 3 m.
- Drive designed for high haulm amounts or high driving speed
- Large diameter flail shaft ensure a good suction and flailing quality on and between the rows
- For an optimum result diverse flail settings are available for various conditions
- Deflector plates ensure exact haulm discharge between the rows
- Optimum depth control via infinitely adjustable support wheels and via tractor lifting
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- 3-point linkage for front or rear mounting
- Heavy duty V-belt drive (5 times)
- Heavy duty gearbox to give 1250 rpm rotor speed at 1000 rpm PTO shaft drive
- Double sided drive
- Twin driven flail shaft with free wheel
- Number of flails: 140 pieces
- Haulm discharge between the rows or to wheelings
- 4 support wheels fixed or swivel (option)
|Length in transport position||7500 mm|
|Width in transport position||2400 mm|
|Height in transport position||1400 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||1750 kg|
|Row width||90 cm|
|Number of rows||6|
|Number of beds||3|
|Lower linkage category||2 Cat.|
|Input speed p.t.o.-shaft||1000 rpm|
|Flails / scalper unit|
|Number of flails||140|
|Number of support wheels||4|
|Support wheels||175 R14|
|Support wheels track width adjustable up to||5400 mm|
|Engine power (min.)||80 kW|