scroll and find out more...
Soil cultivation - Row dependent soil cultivation | GF 400
4-row, 75 cm to 90 cm, for large-volume, solid ridges
The rotary hiller GF intensively cultivates the soil while destroying annoying clods. The soil becomes loose and can be used for ridge forming and makes up the basis for a good growth. Furthermore, these rotary hillers can be converted to full width cultivators with a few manual adjustments prior to planting. In combination with a planter it is possible to realise planting and cultivation in one pass.
Large volume of the ridges
Shaping board XL for voluminous ridge shaping.
Highest number of tines
An increased rotor speed and higher number of tines ensure an intensive tillage on heavy and sticky soils.
Perfect shaping of the ridge crown
Especially for carrot cultivation, the ridge crowns are smoothed by the hydraulically driven ridge pressure rollers.
Up to 500 hp
Most powerful rotary tiller in the market, using a heavy duty gear box for tractors of up to 500 HP.
Protection against erosion by use of TerraProtect
TerraProtect creates small transverse ridges, so-called dykes, between the ridges. The dykes reduce the risk of erosion and at the same time promote water absorption.
Video: GF 400 with TerraProtect
Video: The GF 400 as Rotary Hiller & Full Width Tiller
- Conventional ridge hilling
- full width tilling for an optimum seedbed preparation for potatoes or other vegetables
- full width tiller combined with a potato planter for a more efficient use of the working time and reduced drivings over the field with up to five working steps at once
- lifting frame for seeder (e.g. carrots, celery etc.) soil preparation and seeding in one working step reduce the working time and driving over the field
- An increased rotor speed and higher number of tines ensure an intensive tillage on heavy and sticky soils
- Special rotor shaft with spikes for stony conditions
- ridge shaping in various sizes, optimum adaption to the cultivation conditions
- Five loosening tines for deep soil crumbling during ridge shaping between the ridges for an improved drainage and absorption of water, increased soil volume in the ridge and less power requirement of the tractor
- Four loosening tines for increased ground loosening under the following ridges require less tractor power with full width tillage and enable a better root growing in the ground
- Two loosening tines loose the soil in the tractor track
- The defined interaction of a loosening tine and the dyker, both working between the ridges, TerraProtect ensures a better water absorption into the ridges and thus provides maximum protection against soil erosion.
- Even depth guidance also in changing conditions, via different support wheels in front and rear of the rotary tiller
- guiding disc for stabilisation on slopes
- Reinforced gearbox for up to 500 HP tractor power
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Row width 75 cm
- Rotor shaft for ridge tilling
- 64 tines, 50 x 12 mm each, with hard-wearing tips
- "Walterscheid" drive shaft with friction clutch and 6 grooves
- Gearbox, 350 rpm, single drive for max. 165 HP
- Side gearbox with spur gears in it´s own housing
- Three-point linkage Cat. 3
- 2 infinitely height adjustable support wheels for depth control
- Shaping board for bulbous ridges
- Shaping board pressure adjustment via springs
- Shaping board levelling adjustable via spindle
|Empty weight with basic configuration||1800 kg|
|Working width||3 m|
|Number of rows||4|
|Row width||75 cm|
|Lower linkage category||3 Cat.|
|Input speed p.t.o.-shaft||1000 rpm|
|Rotor speed||350 rpm|
|Tine rotor diameter||740 mm|
|Number of tines|
|Rotor shaft with increased amount of tines (option)||106|
|For full-width setup||112|
|For full-width setup with increased amount of tines||186|
|Engine power (min.)||100 kW|