scroll and find out more...
Harvesting Technology - FM - series | FM 300
6-row, front attachment, gentle defoliating of the crop.
The front-mounted 6-row defoliator, type FM 300, is developed for harvesting beets in a 1-phase process. A counter rotating multi shaft and a cleaning shaft which is rotating in driving direction defoliate the crop in a very gentle way. Up to 4 % more mass yield per hectare are possible, compared to the usual procedures with flail topper and scalper. The front mulcher, type FM can be delivered for a row width of 45 or 50 cm.
Very gentle defoliating of the crop
Two flail shafts are fitted to the defoliator and therefore a scalper unit is not required.
The Original - GRIMME FM defoliator
Clean defoliation without a scalping for over 10 years.
Up to 4 % higher mass yield for beets
Since the rubber flails of the FM front mulcher clean the beets all around and also remove withered beet leaf very well in dry stands, less beet leaf get in the clamps than with other defoliation systems.
Easy and fast maintenance
Due to the special design, the rubber flails can be replaced individually.
- Very gentle defoliating of the crop
- Clean defoliating without scalping
- Up to 4 % more mass yield per hectare are possible, compared to the usual procedures with flail topper and scalper.
- Perfectly harmonized speed settings of the multi shaft and the cleaning shaft to realise a clean defoliating
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Selectable row width of 45 to 50 cm, resp. 18 to 20 inch
- Due to the front attachment with its hydraulic three-point linkage, the working height can be easily adjusted via lifting height.
- The first multi-shaft consist of steel flails which are fitted between the rows and a combination of steel- and rubber flails, working along the beet rows.
- The second cleaning shaft consists of rubber flails, which are fitted above the beet rows.
- The so-called "Inline" system enables the shredded leaves to be deposited between the rows
- The working depth is adjusted by means of two mechanically, height adjustable feeler wheels, which can be folded in for road transport.
- 2 wheels, dimension 4.50-16
- Power transmission via PTO shaft 1000 rpm.
8520-020 FM 300
|Length in transport position||2350 mm|
|Length in operating position||2700 - 2950 mm|
|Channel width||2930 mm|
|Height in transport position||1500 mm|
|Empty weight with basic configuration||1420 kg|
|Row width||45 / 50 cm|
|Row width||18 / 20 "|
|Number of rows||6|
|Lower linkage category||2 Cat.|
|Input speed p.t.o.-shaft||1000 rpm|
|Flails / scalper unit|
|Wide shredder||2800 mm|
|Shredder diameter||500 mm|
|Number of support wheels||2|
|Engine power (min.)||60 kW|
|Engine power (recommended w/o hydr. drive)||90 kW|