scroll and find out more...
Onion technology - Harvest preparation | VT 220
Tractor mounted onion topper for beds up to 225 cm track width.
The onion topper VT 220 is used for an efficient haulm reduction and pre-harvest treatment before windrowing. The machine can be used for both front- and rear attachment. The rotating blade sets with their innovative geometry create a high suction effect, which sets up the haulm before it is cut off by the blades. The very sensitive height guidance of the onion topper causes the machine to run very smoothly and ensures a constant cutting height at all times. The VT 220 is available with two different cutting widths so that beds with track widths of 200 cm and 225 cm can be served. The machine is designed for combination with the GRIMME windrower, Type WV.
- The innovative blade geometry generates a high suction capacity and enables a constant and precise cut.
- Free-swinging knives can swerve on contact with foreign bodies.
- Sensitive height guidance with the aid of angle sensors on the guide runners.
- Increased accuracy of the cutting height.
- Less risk of damage to the onions.
- More even drying of the crop thanks to constant cutting height.
- The compact design simplifies road transport and allows a good overview from the tractor cab.
- Low maintenance effort
- Only one screw needs to be loosened to change the knife.
- Fewer rotating parts thanks to a central gearbox fitted above the middle rotor.
- Central lubrication of all three rotors
- The haulm deposit can be adjusted in such a way that the cut haulm does not get into the following working steps.
- ISOBUS operation for increased operational comfort.
You'll find all the information about the standard features of the machine here.
- Track widths: 200 cm and 225 cm
- Cutting width 220 cm
- Mechanical power transmission
- Drive shaft with overload clutch
- 3 rotors with 2 blades each
- Height guidance adjustable via spindles
- Chassis with two wheels
G.00.220 VT 220
|Empty weight with basic configuration||1000 kg|
|Lower linkage category||3N Cat.|
|Input speed p.t.o.-shaft||1000 rpm|
|Track width||2000 / 2250 mm|